Art of Animation Resort
As a new Disney property, the amenities at Art of Animation Resort are a cut above the other value resorts. The resort offers great theming and pools. The new Disney suites are a special addition accommodating larger families.
Most of the resort amenities are available from the main resort building, Animation Hall.
The resort offers the following to its guests:
- Online check-in
- Bus service to all areas from one bus stop at Animation Hall
- Daily maid service
- Hourly luggage service
- 24 hour self-service laundry facilities
- Free wi-fi
- Concierge desk to assist with various needs like dining reservations
- Non-smoking rooms. Designated outdoor smoking areas are available at the resort
- Package delivery from the parks to the Ink and Paint gift shop
- Refrigerators upon request for the Little Mermaid rooms
- Complimentary self-parking in adjacent lots
- Dry cleaning and laundry services for a fee
- Express check-out
Disney Art of Animation Resort
- Resort check in is at 4:00 PM
- Room theme is assigned at check-in
- Photo ID and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidentals
- Check out is at 11:00 AM
Art of Animation Address
Disney Art of Animation Resort
1850 Animation Way
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
All rooms at the Art of Animation Resort have:
- Electronic safes
- Flat screen television (two TV's in the family suites)
- Iron and ironing board
- Telephone with voicemail
- Complimentary small bottle of shampoo with conditioner and bar of soap
- Crib available upon request
- Handicapped rooms available upon request
Room types are preferred or standard, based on distance from the main building. Rooms offer views of courtyards, lake or parking lot.
Your theme building is assigned at check-in.
The rooms offer keyless entry. You enter your room by holding your room card, similar to a credit card, up to a pad on the door and the door unlocks.
Little Mermaid rooms are standard size at 277 square feet. The rooms can sleep four plus an infant in a crib.
in Cars, Nemo and Lion King areas are family suites with 565 square
feet. Suites can sleep up to six plus an infant in a crib.
The Art of Animation Resort has the following recreational options:
- 1.38 mile jogging path. You can walk over the bridge to Disney Pop Century Resort
- Three swimming pools
- Pixel Play arcade is a hit with kids
- Movies Under the Stars nightly in the Lion King area
- Schoolyard Sprayground toddler water play area by the Big Blue Pool
- Two basic playgrounds: Squirt's Righteous Reef (Finding Nemo) is basically a slide and the Elephant Graveyard walk-through (Lion King)
The playgrounds are visually appealing, but very basic. There is a definitive lack of
playthings or climbing structures at this kid-friendly resort. Signs are posted all over the resort asking guests to refrain from climbing on structures.
With two smaller quiet pools and one huge pool, there is plenty of opportunity to get your feet wet at the Art of Animation Resort. A host of planned activities take place daily at the larger pool.
- The Big Blue Pool in the Finding Nemo section is at the center of the resort. With 308,527 gallons of blue water, it is truly a centerpiece. Surrounded by swimming creatures from the Finding Nemo movie, you feel like you are in the movie. Zero entry and an underwater sound system make this pool state of the art
- The Cozy Cone Pool is in the Cars area. Themed after the movie Cars, the Cozy Cone pool has 74,740 gallons of water and cabanas shaped like traffic cones. This is one of the resort's quiet pools. Guests can get a break from the sun in the colorful cabanas equipped with lounge chairs
- The Flippin' Fins pool is in the Little Mermaid courtyard. With 103,642 gallons of water, this is the second smaller quiet pool
The Disney Art of Animation Resort has a good quick service food court, Landscape of Flavors. The food court serves burgers, pizza, salad and pasta dishes. Indian food is served with Naan bread and tandoori dishes. Also available are build-your-own pasta dishes and salads. A children's menu is available. The food court has a nice mug washing station for your reusable Disney mugs.
Pizza delivery service is available to resort rooms from 5:00 PM - 1:00 AM
The Drop Off poolside bar is located near the Big Blue Pool.
- Nemo rooms are closest to amenities
- Little Mermaid and Cars sections are closest to parking lots
- Pool view rooms can be noisy
- Lake view rooms can be requested
- Upper floors are quieter due to less walk-by traffic
- No pool in the Lion King section
Click for more information:
Art of Animation