|Back to Back Issues Page|
WDW Resort Lovers E-Zine
November 22, 2013
Welcome to WDW Lovers e-zine! In this issue we will discuss the best themed Walt Disney World resorts. Walt Disney World has some of the most diverse, imaginative and awe-inspiring hotels in the world. Beyond compare in their scope and execution, the Disney resort hotels turn fantasy into reality.
Best Resort ThemeWhile the best theme is totally subjective, here are our picks:
6. Art of Animation ResortThe Art of Animation theme is the Disney animated classic movies. Immerse yourself in scenes from famous Disney movies: Cars, Finding Nemo, Little Mermaid and the Lion King. From the paint on the buildings, to the landscaping, pools and room décor, the theme is carried out to precision. This Disney value resort is a kiddie paradise. Check into the new family suites if you need extra space. We love the Cars suites!
5. Grand Floridian Resort and SpaThe Grand Floridian is the flagship resort at Walt Disney World. Enter a bygone era with the Victorian themed buildings of white gingerbread with red gabled roofs amidst the lush Florida landscaping. The huge white atrium lobby with stained glass ceiling is gorgeous with live music adding to the atmosphere. This resort is elegant, luxurious and oh-so-pretty, boasting every amenity that Disney can offer. The theme is carried through to the spacious and attractively decorated rooms. Customer service is tops.
4. Port Orleans ResortPort Orleans is our favorite moderate Disney resort. With three distinct areas from which to choose you have a lot of options. The French Quarter is intimate and quaint with public squares, fountains and hotel buildings painted to resemble townhouses. Enter the Deep South and Louisiana bayou at the Riverside which hosts the regally themed Royal Rooms. You can also choose from Alligator Bayou or Magnolia Bend for two very different experiences. Rooms are tasteful and comfortable. The resort has a sit down restaurant, carriage rides and a marina.
3. Polynesian ResortThe Polynesian Resort is a Disney classic! Escape to the tropical Polynesian islands at this deluxe hotel. As one of the original Walt Disney Resorts, the Polynesian is beloved by many. Enjoy the tropical atmosphere with palm trees, tiki torches and a great view of Cinderella’s Castle creating a romantic atmosphere. Enjoy the volcano pool or relax on a hammock on the beachy shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon. The resort is family friendly and downright beautiful.
2. Wilderness LodgeThe Disney Wilderness Lodge is awe-inspiring. This hotel theme is so wonderful it was almost our number one pick. You will need to pick your chin up off the floor the moment you walk into the incredible seven story lobby with an enormous fireplace and teepee chandeliers. Themed after the great National Park lodges of America’s Northwest you will really feel like you are there. A stream turns into a waterfall which eventually runs into the free form pool and before running out to beautiful Bay Lake near the geyser. The rooms are decorated in a comfortable homey style. You can really get away from it all here.
1. Animal Kingdom LodgeAnimal Kingdom Lodge is our pick for the best Disney World resort theming. Discover the wonders of Africa at this totally unique resort. Guests can see an African savannah with live roaming animals, viewable from public areas and hotel rooms. The vast lobby is gorgeous and the hotel is topped off with a wide assortment of activities and a great pool. The rooms are decorated in an African theme. Dining at the resort is stellar.
|Back to Back Issues Page|