|Back to Back Issues Page
WDW Resort Lovers, Issue #002
November 01, 2013
Welcome to the WDW Resort Lovers newsletter!
Romantic Disney World DiningWalt Disney World is known for fun-filled family dining. But is it possible to find romantic dining in Disney World?
The answer is a definitive yes! Let’s count down to the most romantic dining in Walt Disney World:
10. Le Cellier is one of the most popular dining destinations in all of Disney World. This signature restaurant serves very good food in a darkened wine cellar of the Canada pavilion of Epcot Center. If you are unable to get advanced dining reservations for this popular restaurant try San Angel Inn in Mexico where the ambience is sublime, though the food is average and overpriced. It is so dark in there you can barely read your menu, but I love the “outdoor” atmosphere next to the river and the Gran Fiesta Tour ride.
9. Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios is a classy joint with white table cloths, live piano music, excellent service and very good food. You cannot go wrong here.
8. Sanaa in the Animal Kingdom Lodge is a fantastic restaurant. As one of the newer Disney restaurants, this spot has long been underlooked, but is finally being discovered as the fine dining destination that it is. The great African-Indian inspired food is topped off by an unforgettable view of the African savannah outside the windows of the restaurant. If you want to take in the view, be sure to arrive prior to sunset. This restaurant is also the most budget conscious on this list.
7. Citrico’s at the Grand Floridian Resort is under-rated. This place has great food and service. Another great alternative is Narcoosee’s with waterfront setting on the Seven Seas Lagoon.
6. Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club serves great steaks and seafood and also has good service.
5. Jiko’s - The Cooking Place is the signature dining location at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. This fine restaurant has a peaceful atmosphere and an excellent menu of African influenced food.
4. California Grill has re-opened with a new look and new menu. The sweeping views of the Magic Kingdom are even better now with new floor to ceiling windows around the room.
3. Artist Point is one of my all-time favorite Disney restaurants. Enjoy steaks, seafood, game and vegetarian food at this excellent restaurant in the Wilderness Lodge on the shores of the lovely Bay Lake.
2. Monsieur Paul restaurant France in Epcot is very nice. Thie restaurant was formerly the Bistro de Paris. The mood is romantic, food is very good and the restaurant still offers a great view of Illuminations from the window seats. 1. Victoria and Albert’s at the Grand Floridian is the best restaurant in all of Walt Disney World and also the most romantic. This restaurant has won the AAA Five Diamond award for several consecutive years. The Chef’s table in the kitchen is very popular, but definitely less romantic.
If you want to see a dinner show, the Polynesian Luau at the Polynesian Resort is a romantic experience. The food is average, but the atmosphere and show are special.
Most Disney restaurants are family friendly. To make the most of your romantic meal, secure a later seating to avoid families with children. Be sure to make advanced dining reservations as most of these restaurants are very popular.
|Back to Back Issues Page